Feb 16, 2023
Handi Medical Supply First Annual Community Day Comes to Saint Paul Thursday, February 23
Saint Paul, MN – Handi Medical Supply is hosting its first annual Community Day on Thursday, February 23 from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Saint Paul RiverCentre. This event is free and open to the public. Visitors will be able to meet with more than 40 vendors and manufacturers of medical equipment and supplies to learn about their products and services.
There will also be several staged demonstrations throughout the day including:
- Benefits of Specialty Beds – Learn about the Freedom Bed, a lateral rotation therapy system for immobilized users. Come see how this bed system can prevent bed sores and pneumonia by way of its programmable, automatic rotation.
- Benefits of Lift Chairs – Hear a session from a spokesperson from Golden Technologies.
- How to put on and take off Compression Stockings – Learn about the variety of donning aids available and tips on putting on/taking off compression garments.
- Improving Lives with Pet Therapy - Learn about the benefits and practice of pet therapy with a trained therapy dog. Join in a discussion about the positive impact therapy animals can make on individuals receiving care, as well as their caregivers, and learn about the roles and responsibilities for successful pet therapy visits. Come meet a therapy dog and hear inspiring stories about how animals can encourage healing and enhance well-being. There will also be information about choosing a pet and training options for dogs.
- Innovations in Ostomy Care – See a demonstration of the StomaGenie, a disposable capture cartridge.
Learn more about the event here.