June 7, 2019
Shades of Beauty Expo Returns to Saint Paul RiverCentre July 13
The Shades of Beauty Expo (SOBE), the freshest and boldest health and beauty event to hit the Twin Cities, returns to Saint Paul RiverCentre July 13. The Shades of Beauty Expo was created for women of color who desire innovative, culturally-focused products and ideas for an enhanced (holistic) quality of life.
SOBE has a five-fold goal:
- Celebrate the essence of women of color.
- Support small, woman, and minority-owned businesses by helping to increase their visibility and reach in the community.
- Inspire attendees by providing opportunities to learn techniques for better hair care, new styling, makeup application and general health.
- Empower women to be critical consumers by gathering information about available products tailored to their unique cosmetic and health care needs.
- Educate women on strategies for self-care through healthy eating, physical fitness, regular doctor visits and more.
The Shades of Beauty Expo is a gathering of sisters sharing, discovering and celebrating their total beauty!
SOBE '19 will begin the day with the Ambassadors of Beauty Brunch, featuring for the first time, youth in the Twin Cities community who go above-and-beyond to promote diversity and encourage others in their schools and communities.
Afterwards, the exhibit area will showcase a diverse exposition of ethnic-focused health and beauty professionals (including cosmetologists, fashion consultants, nutritionists, personal fitness trainers and more). Industry leaders will give talks and conduct educational workshops on health, beauty, hair, wardrobe, etc.
The 2019 workshop schedule will include sessions featuring:
- Incorporating ethnic prints in everyday fashion with TiAngy Designs
Cooking demonstrations with iHeart Media personalities Coco and Lala
A fitness class with national fitness expert and creator of Xtreme Hip Hop Phil Weeden
- And more!